Volte sempre! Be my guest!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ao Telefone em inglês

  • Alô, poderia falar com o senhor Silva? 
Hello. May I speak with/to Mr. Silva, please?
É ele mesmo. (This is Silva speaking./This is he.
    Obs.: In American English, ‘This is he’ is the usual way that a man replies on the telephone when someone asks to speak to him: “May I speak with John?” “This is he”. 
    The line is busy.
    • É a Renata falando. Em que posso ajudar? 
    This is Renata speaking. May I help you?
    • Desculpe, pode repetir seu nome? 
    I’m sorry – could I have your name again?
    • A Susan não está no escritório hoje. 
    I’m afraid Susan is not in today.
    • Você poderia ligar mais tarde? 
    Would you mind calling again later?
    • Desculpe, foi engano. 
    Sorry, wrong number.
    • Poderia falar mais alto, por favor? A ligação está ruim. 
    Could you speak louder, please? It’s a bad line.
    • Por favor aguarde, estou transferindo a ligação. 
    Please hold the line, I’m putting you through.
    • Gostaria de deixar algum recado? 
    Would you like to leave a message?
    • Por favor peça para ele me ligar assim que possível. 
    Please ask him to call me back as soon as possible.
    • É a senhora Helen na linha três. 
    This is Ms. Helen on line (number) three.
    • Ele desligou na minha cara. 
    He hung up on me.
    • O telefone estava fora do gancho. 
    The telephone was left off the hook.
    • Não consegui completar a ligação. 
    I couldn’t get through.
    • A ligação caiu. 
    • I got cut off.

    Quem era (ao telephone)? 
    Who was it (on the telephone)?

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Seu comentário é muito bem-vindo./You are welcome to leave your comment.